Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Running Man and a new new PR!

I was finally able to talk Chris into running a 5k race with me and we had a really good time.

Although his idea of motivation and mine are quite different. His idea is to yell things like "Really? Are you going to let that guy with a double stroller and a dog pass you? Run faster!" I was hoping for a more subtle approach like "Good job Honey. Keep going!" LOL

Whatever motivation he wants to give me I will gladly take since I got a new PR.. of 57 seconds! That's almost one whole minute faster! I came in at 34:16!

That's 57 seconds off my last run PR that was 18 seconds faster than my previous PR. Its also 4+ minutes faster than my time from the Boxer 5k 2 weeks ago.

Fantastic!

My Mom and Dave were visiting again so Dave walked the 5k and he also got a new best time by 3 or 4 minutes. Since this was Chris's first race he also got a PR. And my Mom and Addison were at the right finish line this time so I would say it was a great day for all of us!



My socks rock! And Chris looks like a Mizzou bumble bee.




Ready to go..





Lots of people





At about 1.5 miles




My fans. All 2 of them.




Chris looking good. Me, not so much.




Determined not to get passed on the final stretch




This is what happens when you run faster than your body can run.




Dave bringing it home




We survived and all had new best times. Notice I'm not rocking the socks anymore.. They died on me at 2.5 miles. But I love 'em anyway.

2 comments: