Tuesday, June 15, 2010

3.25 miles.

So last night I went out and ran/walked a total of 3.25 miles. I started off walking .50 and running .50 then moved up to running a mile and walking a bit. Overall it was not a great run but it wasn't terrible either. My knee did not have the stabbing pain at it usually does but it did feel hot and heavy. It looked normal but felt huge.
The stabbing pain in my rear end/hip area of my right leg returned although not as bad as during the half marathon. My PT wanted me to quit as soon as it started to hurt so I stopped running, even though my lungs could have gone on.

I have lost a lot of the cardio and endurance and I am not use to running in the heat and humidity so it will take awhile to get back on track. But it did feel good to be back out there and I look forward to running again!

On my way back I passed a little boy peeing on the side of the road. He didn't have a care in the world and actually waved to me, while peeing, as I ran by. Laughing about that may have been what got me through the last part of the run. Whatever it takes, I guess.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment