Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 2 Day 2 - 8/31/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes, repeat for 20 minutes.

Today was a much better day! I downloaded a running podcast that was specifically for Cto5k Week 2. It is set to music that has the right tempo for the running/walking parts and there is a guy who tells you when to run and walk. Although I don't know if I trust the little podcast man.. He says you should be able to hold a conversation while you are running. Seriously? I run by myself and can't hold a silent conversation in my head, let alone grunt at someone next to me. I also think he cheats on the time because his 90 seconds seem way longer than that!
But the podcast really did help. Instead on fiddling with a timer and constantly looking at my watch I was able to concentrate on running and getting through each part, knowing that little podcast guy would tell me when to switch. I think it made the run much easier.
The weather was beautiful this morning..no headwind and a little chilly. I would so much rather it be chilly than hot for a run! It also smelled like dryer sheets all through out the neighborhood. How weird is that?

1 comment:

  1. That's great that running was better for you. I hope tomorrow is just as good.

    ReplyDelete