Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wonder Twin Powers..

Wonder Twin Powers! Form of.. An obsessed running techno Geek.















My running watch refuses to calibrate so I broke down and bought a Garmin and had planned to sell my Polar. Like most runners I am obsessed with my stats and keep track of everything.
But now instead of wearing just the Garmin, which I know is correct, I am wearing them both to have even more numbers and stats to obsess about.

They do not match up, which I knew would be the case, but it is still driving me mad. One says I have not gone as far but says I am faster. The other says I am slow running but super fast walking. I spent most of the run today looking like a spaz because I couldn't keep from looking at my watch.. My plethora of watches and all of the data they have to offer.

I fell off the curb once, almost tripped over a piece of trash in the road, and stumbled into a tree scraping my knee.

Chris refuses to run with me again until I pick a watch and am done with it all.

I'll miss running with him.






Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



2 comments:

  1. Which Garmin is that, the 205? Let me know how you like it.

    I got the 405 in January, love it (except when it's really hot outside). The touch wheel on it goes nuts if it gets sweat on it. Completely goes bonkers. On a run last night, the thing beeped 2 or 3 times per swing of the arm because it got sweaty and started shorting out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 305 and just love it and uploading the data to the Training Center. I have difficulty running straight trying to look at just one watch, I can't imagine what would happen if I was keeping track of two. Your description of you stumbling around was funny. I'm glad you got just a scraped knee.

    ReplyDelete