Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Swamp Stomp Cross Country 8k

This screen shot sums up the 8k XC race. 270 feet of elevation gain. At one point I thought I was mountain climbing. Holy Hills Running man!
Team Nebraska, the competitive elites who go to championship events, hosted this run. Needless to say I am not elite, not semi elite, and not even .00000001 elite.

To prove my uber non eliteness,  I came in dead last in my age group and 2nd to dead last overall. I was leading the back of the pack right from the start.
Could I be any more ungraceful?

Addison had a great time in the Gator Gallop. She ran this race last year and it was fun to see her run it again. I have to give Team Nebraska props for putting on awesome kids races. All kids get really nice finisher medals, tee shirts, and a huge fuss made over them. It is great to watch how excited they are about running. Start them early!



Even with being 2nd to last overall I still got an 8k PR with a time of 59:01
I probably could have been a minute or two faster but at the end I had to pee, badly, and was afraid to run too much. Last thing I wanted to do was come in last with the added bonus of wetting my pants. Since no one was around I thought about going in the bushes but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

All things considered, I am pleased with the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment