Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday - 5/18/10

Training plan: Run 4 miles. Warm up and cool down.

Warm up/Cool down - .80
Running total - 1.25 miles
Grand total - 2.05 miles

Today I went to a Physical Therapist because my knee and leg pain had gotten so bad that I could barely walk up the stairs. My new friend Brad at the local running store recommended this Physical Therapist because she specializes in what is called Active Release Technique.

Taken from the web site:
What is Active Release Techniques (ART) to Patients?

ART is a patented, state of the art soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly and permanently with ART. These conditions all have one important thing in common: they are often a result of overused muscles.

She wanted me to run after the treatment and run until the first twinge of pain. I was only able to get to 1.25 miles before I felt my knee start to go bad. I wanted to keep going but I did restrain myself and walked the rest of the way.

I will go back for physical therapy the rest of this week with the hopes that I will still be able to run the Half Marathon on Sunday!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment