Friday, October 15, 2010

HM Training - Week 4 Day 3

W4, D3 - Run 40 minutes.

My Garmin froze right at the start so I have no idea how far I ran. I did have my Galloway timer so I was still able to run the cycles and know my time. I was at the school track and tried to keep up with the laps but that went out the window at about lap 8. Based on how I felt running and my previous times I think it was about 3.75 miles, give or take a bit.

I really liked running on the track because it felt so much better on my knees and joints. It didn't feel as jaring and it was an even surface. It drives me nutty that all of the sidewalks in Omaha seem to be slanted and the roads have terrible crowns to them. We have these beautiful trails and miles of running paths.. that all slant to one side. I think that is a major contributor to my IT issues.

The down side to the track is that I can see where I am going and how much farther I have to go  so it is too easy for me to get all mental about the distance/speed/time/effort/how much more part of it. I need a course where I can't see how far I have been or how far I have left to go.

I guess for me, ignorance is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment