Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday - 2/15/10

Interval. .25 at 90%, .25 at 70%, 4 times. 5 minute warm up and cool down

I bought new running shoes because my Omni8s are starting to show some mileage. Who would have ever thought that *I* would wear out a pair of running shoes? New Balance has a new line of shoes that are made for the Chi running and mid strikes. I thought they would really help but should have known better. I should always stick with what I know works because anytime I try the new cutting edge stuff it never works for me.

The NB 801s were awesome in that they were super light weight.. but that is about all that was awesome. After .40 miles I got 2 blisters, one that bled all down into my sock. My toes got hot spots and my back and knees instantly hurt.

It really is amazing what a good pair of shoes can do for you. And what a bad pair can do too!

I only ran .60 miles total due to bad shoes.

.

1 comment: