Thursday, August 5, 2010

Packet pick up

Sunday I am running in  a race to raise money  for colorectal cancer called the Boxer 500. You are supposed to wear your best (or worst) boxers. How cool is that?
"Participants are encourage to draw attention to their bottoms and colorectal cancer by participating in their boxer underwear. "


The forecast for Sunday is a high of 96 with a heat index of 103. The forecast for the start of the race is 78 degrees with a heat index of 85. Ugh.
So if you take the rule of 'slow down 30 seconds per mile for every 5 degrees over 60 degrees' that would be between a minute and a half to two and a half minutes. Add 2:30 to my minutes a mile and that has me running at a pace of ... well, walking. 
Double ugh. 

But on a good note.. My parents sent me these super cool (obnoxious) LSU boxers to wear for the event. The smallest they had was a mens small so I am hoping they will stay up. If not, well I guess that is one way to stay cool.


1 comment: