Saturday, August 28, 2010

A new PR and a Blooming Onion



Getting ready to start the Ted E Bear 5k

Weather:
High: 90+ degrees
Temp at start: 68 degrees, 85% humidity




Check out the ankle timing chip. I put mine on too tight and it drove me nutty when I ran. But no way was I going to slow down to fix it!




The fast people





The slow people

It was a really good day and a really good run. The weather was cooler, still high humidity though, but plenty of shade. It wasn't a very scenic route, going behind a lot of buildings and under bridges, but the people running were super nice and made up for it. My watch time was 35:20 which is a PR by 11 seconds. Whoo hoo! I know mystart/stop times on my watch were a bit off so I am really curious as to what my official time is.




I didn't win a medal ( like that will ever happen) but I did win a Blooming Onion! Belly ache here I come!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: