Sunday, August 22, 2010

One Year Ago Today..

One year ago today I started Day 1 Week 1 of the Couch to 5k program.

 I am 38 years old and had never run before or had never done anything athletic..ever. It wasn't always easy and I even hated it at one point but I am so glad I stuck with it and now can call myself a runner. A super slow runner but still a runner!

Since graduating from the Couch to 5k program I have run in five 5ks, one 8k, one 10k, and a Half Marathon.

Here is my post from that day and my very first blog post ever.. I sure have come a long way!

SATURDAY, AUGUST 22, 2009

Week 1 Day 1- 8/22/09 (why do all important things in my life deal with the number 22?)

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds, repeat for 20 minutes.

I did it! So take that all you people who laughed hysterically when I told you I was going to start running. Honestly, I can't believe I made it the whole way through without stopping or giving up. I think my body allowed me to do it because it had no clue as to what was going on.
Chris followed me on his bike, pulling Addison in the trailer. I am not sure if they were a positive or negative factor. Addison yelled out "Hey mom! I didn't know you knew how to run!" and Chris keeps repeating "Wow, you don't run totally like a girl" Thanks guys. lol
I hurt already so I am sure the day after will not be much fun.

2 comments:

  1. Corey - I just discovered your blog last week & read through the whole thing! What a journey you've made. I enjoyed reading about your progress (in fast-forward since it's been a year since you started your blog!). Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Corey! You inspire me to get off the couch, then I remember how much I hate running and how it hurts my boobs, so then I just sit back down. LOL

    ReplyDelete