Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just Running - 10/11/09


Just an extra run.

Today was very surreal.

We are in Virginia visiting Chris and are on the same base that I lived on as a child. You can look out the window of his BOQ and see the house I lived in for 3 years, 30 years ago. Who would have thought that back then when I was 7 and playing in the front yard that 30 years later my husband would be stationed on the same base and we would come visit? It really is true that things come around full circle.

The base hasnt changed much. The trees are a lot bigger, some of the old wooden houses have been torn down, the bowling alley is now a gym, but it still looks just like I remembered. Except for our house... I alway remembered our house as this big, beautiful, modern looking house with a giant yard and awesome place to ride our bikes. It reality it is a tiny little bungalow that was outdated already 30 years ago and is a bit sad looking. It is so funny things seem so much bigger when we are children.

It was surreal to 1. be running in general 2. to be running on a military base where we are not stationed and 3. to run past my old house, my old friends houses, the playground we played on, and to run by various other childhood memories.

Life really does come around full circle, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment