Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 7 Day 1 - 10/19/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 25 minutes or 2.5 miles.

I decided with the past week of traveling, not eating well, little sleep, and not feeling well overall to go back to Week 7. We really preach about success and set up the training to be successful with our dogs when training for Fly Ball so why not have that same philosophy for running? Week 7 was when I fell in love with running so I figure that is a good week to go back to.

Since I had not run in 4 days I went for the time instead of the distance. I wanted to run but also didn't want to push it. I ran 2 miles in the 25 minutes which works out to be a 12 and a half minute mile. I did walk a little bit and ran slow on purpose so I am pleased with the time. It was tough on my body after taking a big break but it was also easy to get back into it mentally.

I did spot my old friend/nemesis the cat. He didn't try to follow me but he looked like he wanted to. I think he got the hint when I gave him the 'dont follow me' stink eye. Maybe I should bring Jesse with me when I run.. at least then it would be a dog following me and not a dang cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment