Thursday, October 29, 2009

Week 8 Day 2 - 10/28/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 2.75 miles or 28 minutes.

30 mile an hour gusts so back to the Y for this run. I ran 3 miles again but with some walking in between each mile. At least I am running the full miles each time!

I bumped the mph to try to do better than a 14 minute treadmill mile and was pretty successful.
Mile #1 - 11.30
Mile #2 - 12.15
Mile #3 - 13.00

This isn't too far off of the time of my road miles so I was pretty happy... totally wiped out but happy. I still can't run the 3 miles straight, and have absolutely no idea why, but I am glad to be able to run miles in one time period.
You would think by now I would be able to run the 3 miles or at least 2 miles without having to stop for air but apparently a lot of runners have that issue at one time or another. I have a friend that runs half marathons (13.1 miles) for the fun of it and she had to walk a large portion of a 10K (6.2 miles) the other day. Her body just would not run.

That makes me feel better to know it is not just me and also when I think that 9 weeks ago I could barely run 60 seconds without losing a lung!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl :) And congrats on completing the program.. we did it!!

    ReplyDelete