Saturday, October 24, 2009

Week 7 Day 3 - 10/24/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 25 minutes or 2.5 miles.

Since it is Saturday I had to go back to the Y to run. Back to running longer times in a row but also running much slower than when outside. I can not figure out how to run faster on the treadmill without falling off of the thing. I bumped up the mph but it still didn't equate to how fast I run on the road. My time was 2.5 miles in 35 minutes which equates to 14 minute miles. When I run on the road I feel like I am going so slow, basically running in place, at 11.48 miles. Geez, what do I look like when I am on the treadmill at 14 minute miles?? And how is that even possible?

On the positive side.. I ran 2.5 miles without any issues and with little walking! My lungs felt great and my leg did not go numb at all. Running on the treadmill really is so much easier than the road.

So.. I think we need to have a 5k treadmill race. Can you just see it? 200 treadmills in a parking lot all set to run 3.1 miles? Someone yells "Ready, Set, GO!" and then you hear the beep beep beep beep of everyone increasing the speed to start running. The commemorative tee shirt can have a treadmill with a little stick figure running. We might could get Bowflex, Proform, and Horizon to sponsor it.

Now to come up with a name for the 1 Annual Treadmill 5K...

2 comments:

  1. Yes but admit it.. the idea of a treadmill 5k sounds really good to you right about now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of sitting on the couch watching someone else run a 5k sounds really good to me right about now. LOL

    ReplyDelete