Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 7 Day 2 - 10/21/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 25 minutes or 2.5 miles.

Toady I focused on the distance since I really need to be able to run 5k. I mapped out a run and went for it. It was tough and I struggled with every step but it still was a good run and I completed the 2.5 miles. I really do not understand why it isn't getting any easier for me since I have been at it for 8 weeks now. But I guess it is easier considering 7 weeks ago I could not run more than 90 seconds at a time.

I think the cold, chilling weather and wind are finally getting to my asthma. My legs are fine and my body feels good but my lungs are really struggling. Someone suggested chewing gum and for some reason that really does help. I also am running faster each time and faster than when on the treadmill so I imagine that gives my lungs a work out.

My time today worked out to be 11.48 minute miles. Still a Penguin but getting quicker!

A few weeks ago I had to battle the grasshoppers while running. Today it was worms.
With all the rain we have had the worms are out in full force and it was impossible to avoid them. I tried not to step on any of them but then it looked like I was playing hopscotch and I kept getting tripped up. I gave up and just ran over them.

Does anyone know how to get matted earthworms out of the groves in their running shoes? As Addison would say - gross!

1 comment:

  1. That is disgusting. Yesterday I almost stepped on the biggest grasshopper ever but at the last minute took a giant leap to the side. Of course I almost sprained my ankle while doing it but it was so worth it. :-P Great job! 11 min miles is not a penguin. Slow is better than being worn out and fast.

    I forgot to comment on one of your posts before but I am LOVING 'ear muffins'. That is the cutest thing ever. Ear muffins! HA!

    ReplyDelete