Friday, October 2, 2009

Week 6 Day 3 - 10/2/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 25 minutes or 2 1/4 miles with no walking.

It was 46 degrees here with 40 mph winds so I had to go to the Y to run on the treadmill. It was not as bad as I thought it was! My fear with the treadmill is that I can get off at any time whereas with running how ever far out I run I have to keep running/walking to get back home.
I do not like the physical running on the treadmill.. my stride is long and I wound up at the back of the treadmill and then overcompensated and wound up hitting the front of the treadmill. It also seems to be a bit more jarring than running on the road. But I stayed on and went longer and farther than I thought I would!

Today was supposed to be running for 25 minutes with no walking which I did do but with some walking. Did the brisk walk then ran for 10 minutes, walked for 3, ran for 5, walked for 3, and then ran for 10 more minutes. I am not really sure of my times but my total distance was 3.1 miles.

I am going back tomorrow and will try to run the time straight through since I now know how the treadmill works. I am going to ask if they will play the LSU game on one of the TVs so that may help me get through 25 minutes straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment