Friday, October 9, 2009

Week 7 Day 3 - 10/9/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 25 minutes or 2.5 miles.

Well, I am definitely getting my moneys worth of my Y membership. It was 36 degrees this AM and I just could not get up the courage to run outside. I may be a fair weather runner.

So today I focused on the distance instead of the time and ran/walked for the 2.5 miles, not counting the warm up and cool down time. I was feeling pretty good during the run and went for 22 minutes straight! W7 D1 was 13 minutes straight, D2 was 18 minutes straight, and then D3 22 minutes. That's pretty good progress, especially since I was struggling the previous weeks!

So I ran for 22 minutes, walked for 3, then ran for another 12 minutes. I had to walk for another 6 minutes to make the 2.5 miles. I think I could have run some of that 6 minute walk but I didn't want to overdo it.

The time on my first mile was 13.5 minutes. I am still a proud member of the Penguin Club!

1 comment:

  1. That is great. Good job :) I may have to start finding a treadmill to go on soon. It's starting to get very cold.

    ReplyDelete