Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Week 7 Day 1 - 10/6/09 (part b)

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 25 minutes or 2.5 miles.

It was off to the Y again today due to the weather. The wind is so bad that at one point I thought our house was going to blow down.

I have noticed that the first few minutes of my runs are pretty bad but the last part I feel a lot better. So today instead of doing just 5 minutes of walking and then going straight into running I decided to walk for 5 minutes, run for 3 minutes, and then walk for 5 more. I think it did make a difference as I didn't have that same feeling during the first big run.

I still have not been able to run 25 minutes straight without walking but I am pretty proud of myself today. There were quite a few times that I wanted to give up but I made myself keep going. I would go as far as I thought I could go and then make myself keep going. It was a pretty big mental struggle but I met my goals each time. I ran for 13 minutes, walked for 2, and then ran for 10. The last 4 minutes was pure torture. I thought I was going to lose a lung, a leg would fall off, or that I was going to pass out. I think the thought of embarrassing myself is the only thing that kept me going. Hey, whatever it takes!

So my total running time for the day was 26 minutes. Sure, it wasn't in a row but I just look back at how far I have come and am thrilled that I am running as much as I am. 6 weeks ago I could not imagine running for 90 seconds! It is amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment