Friday, April 16, 2010

Thursday - 4/15/10

Training plan: Run 4 miles. Warm up and cool down.

Warm up/Cool down - .69
Running total - 4 miles @ 43:20
Grand total - 4.69 miles

Pickle Juice.. My new secret weapon.

Back outside and running a new route. Today I went into a section of the neighborhood that had a few small hills, which I probably will pay for tomorrow. Overall it was a pretty good run and I think I really like the 4 mile distance. It is just longer than a 5k to be challenging but also easy to do. Even after the 1/2 Marathon when I drop down my mileage I think I will keep running 4 miles as a base.

I keep reading about different runners drinking pickle juice before running so I decided to try it out. The calcium chloride, potassium, and other additives are just what runners need to ward off muscle cramps and help with endurance. A couple of studies even said that pickle juice is better for runners than Gatorade!

I dont know if it was the placebo effect or truly the pickle juice but this was the best run EVER. My lungs were perfect, I had no problems breathing whatsoever, and felt like I could run for miles. I imagine this is what the runners high feels like.. my high just comes from pickle juice and not distance.

Regardless, Vlasic rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment