Friday, April 23, 2010

Thursday - 4/22/10


Training plan: Run 7 miles. Warm up and cool down.

Warm up/Cool down - 1.64
Running total - 7.01 miles @ 1:23:50
Grand total - 8.64 miles

Holy cow, I ran 7.01 miles! I had no idea I could run that far!

Whoo hoo! It was a pretty good run and I didn't have breathing issues. My breathing was a bit tough but nothing like it has been. I did start to fade towards the end but I think that was lack of proper hydration beforehand.

I tried out the Clif Shot Bloks around mile 5 and have to say that they are not too bad. It is like eating a giant squishy square gummy bear but the taste is ok and it digested well. The only down side is that the sugar makes your teeth feel like they are wearing sweaters, which is not a good thing while running. But then again, it did give me something to concentrate on besides the mileage.

Funny what you will find to help pass the time when running long distances!

No comments:

Post a Comment