Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wednesday - 4/14/10


Training plan: Run 4 miles. Warm up and cool down.

Warm up/Cool down - .55
Running total - 4 miles @ 43:44
Grand total - 4.55 miles

Today I worked up the courage to run in my Vibram Five Fingers. I have been wearing them around, trying to get use to them, and trying to work up the courage to run. I ran on the treadmill, just in case. Boy, I forgot how much I hate the dreadmill! I had only planned on going 2 miles because I didn't want to over do it in the shoes but I was feeling good and went to 4 miles.

We are so brainwashed to think that when running we need these big padded shoes to be able to run properly and protect our feet. Studies are now showing that barefoot running is so much better for you and will actually cure most of the knee, ankle, and foot problems that runners have. It definitely has helped with my plantar fasciitis.

I dont think I would ever have the courage to run a race in these but I definitely will keep wearing them around and while training.


Chris thinks they are the most ridiculous shoes ever.

Ridiculously awesome maybe!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could wear them but it's physically impossible. They are crazy looking for sure but if they work, they work. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about buying some. How do you like them so far. Just signed up for the CB 1/2 marathon. Have only walked 6 mile events so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a woman wearing those at Zorinsky a few weeks ago. They look comfy, but how do they feel between the toes?

    ReplyDelete