Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ran 2 miles.

I have a slight injury to my rear end area, specifically the piriformis muscle in my left buttock. Yes, it is a pain in my ass. ;)

The treatment is rest, ice, specific stretches, and massage therapy. Since it has been getting worse, and the big race is just a few days away, I decided to take it easy today and only run 2 miles. Not an exciting run since I was on the treadmill again.

Stats from my run:
Mile #1: 12:09 mile
Max heart rate 170, 93%
Average heart rate 159, 87%


Mile #2: 12:12 mile
Max heart rate 170, 93%
Average heart rate 159, 87%

I only have one more practice run before the race! Time really has flown by. It seems like it was just a few weeks ago that I started the Cto5K program and the real race was so far away. Now it is in just a few days! Keep your fingers crossed that my injury gets better and I am able to run on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment