Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday - 11/11/09

Ran 3.1 miles.

So I have enlisted the help of Jill who is a Certified Sports Nutritionist. I met with her the other day for an initial consultation and to get help with my running struggles. I eat pretty healthy and know a lot about nutrition but was struggling with what to eat and when in order to really fuel and refuel. She took my height and weight, asked how much and when I run, and then asked a zillion questions about my eating habits.

Yesterday she gave me a meal plan for the days I run and the days I am off along with my calorie, carbohydrates, fat and protein requirements. she has it broken down to each meal so that I can substitute things and make sure that I am getting enough food. It is strange to say this but I knew I was not eating as much as I should have before. I think I was a challenge for her (aren't I a challenge for everyone? ;) ) since I have a corn and corn derivative allergy and am trying to go dairy free. With those restrictions it does not leave a lot for me to eat. It looks like she did really well with the plan and I have plenty to chose from.

I also bought a super cool food scale that has the data for 999 items and can calculate everything and anything you want to know about that particular food. Don't worry.. It will be used for good and not for evil. Used for good in making sure that I am eating enough of the portion.

So on to my run today.. The weather was beautiful but the wind was wicked and I am a bit wind burned tonight. It is so hard to run with a strong headwind and it really takes a lot out of me.
Stats from the run:
3.1 miles in 40.02.* A new personal best by 1 whole second!
I am putting an * next to it because technically 40.02 was my total time but not my actual time. In order to get to the running path I have to cross a pretty busy road. Most of the time I am able to get across without stopping but today I had to wait.. and wait.. and wait. I waited for about 20 seconds before I could cross. So if I had not had to wait I would have broken the 40 minute mark with a time somewhere around 39. 42. Talk about being bummed!

Max heart rate was 174 (95% of my peak zone)
Average heart rate was 166 (91% of my peak zone)
You can see that I was working harder than last run for almost the same time. This shows how much running into strong wind affects you.

Average 12.56 mile. This average comes from my running time and the small of walking during the 3.1 miles.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! That's great!! I hope the food plan helps you.

    ReplyDelete