Friday, November 6, 2009

Week 9 Day 3 - 11/06/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 3.0 miles or 30 minutes.

Due to many different factors I was super short on time so I was only able to run for 2 miles. I am not exactly sure of all of my times and stats since I was messing around with my fancy new watch and deleted some of the data. But my running time for the 2 miles was 26.38 which averages 13.19 miles. Still pretty slow but I do feel stronger each time I run. Next week I am going to work on going a little bit faster and bringing down the time.

Technically today is the last day of the Couch to 5K program! I can't believe I did it and want to keep doing it! I really didn't know what I was getting into when I agreed to do this with Amanda. I thought it would be some short thing that lasted like a week or two and wouldn't involve much. Little did I know! LOL But I am glad that I am stubborn and stuck with it, even with the ups and downs of training to run.

Amanda, thanks for talking me into doing this. I am proud of you too! You have put a lot of time and effort into training and you have been a great motivation for me. I am excited about running with you in the next few weeks and how much fun we will have at our first 5k.

We'll celebrate finishing the 5K with a Bloomin' Onion. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Corey!! You should be very proud of yourself. You're doing terrific. <3 Way to go!

    ReplyDelete