Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Week 9 Day 2 -11/4/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 3 miles or 30 minutes.

I ran 5K again today. This time I was outside and even had a strong wind! I actually had the energy to keep going so I really ran 3.25 miles and went 4 miles total with my before and after walking.

I bought a heart rate monitor watch that also has a foot pod that calculates speed and distance. Boy what a difference it made! I was able to watch how fast I was going and see how high my heart rate was. I found out that I run like Chris drives.. I speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down. ;) So I used the mph function to keep my stride consistent which kept me from going too fast and burning out. It was also nice to glance at my watch and see the distance instead of having to fool around with my Blackberry. The watch is a Polar RS300x sd and I highly recommend it if you are looking for something like this. It is expensive, and I had to promise my birthday money to pay for it, but it is well worth it!

I also liked that I could just run without having to map out my routes beforehand. I found a new path today that was not hilly and had pretty scenery which I would not have found if I had been concentrating on sticking to a predetermined route.

I am now starting to get excited about the official upcoming 5K race!

No comments:

Post a Comment