Sunday, November 1, 2009

Running with a Dog - 11/1/09


With Chris being gone, the bad weather lately, and us being so very busy the dogs have not gotten enough exercise so I thought it would be a good idea to run with them. This morning I took Disco out with me for a 3 mile run.

Those of you that know Disco are now laughing AT me and not with me, aren't you?

Yes, it was comical to say the least. Disco is probably the worlds worst leash walker and he set a new personal best today. During the 5 minute warm up walk I had to stop at least 10 times to untangle him from the leash, tripped over him 3 times, had to stop for him pee on 8 bushes, he tried to follow a scent and jerked me off my feet 2 times, and tried to run after numerous squires/joggers/dogs/blowing leaves. I was hot, sweaty, and exhausted even before I started running.

He did really well on the actual run part. He had his ears back, tail down, and was just trotting along in front of me. He seemed to enjoy it and didn't want to stop running when I did. I wasn't sure how far he could go, and really didn't want to carry a 37 pound Border Collie home, so we only went for 2 miles and ran for a little over a mile of that.

Now Jesse is mad and pouting. I swear that having two dogs is a lot like having two extra kids!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love Disco. Not his slobbery ball though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete