Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 3 Day 3 - 9/9/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes. Do all of this 2 times.

Today was the last day of week 3 and I am glad it is over. I am not sure why, maybe it was doubling the running time which was hard for me, but this week was just not fun. I did not enjoy it as much as the other weeks. Next week is a good mix of running and walking times so maybe it will be better. Nichole, a new friend on my pep squad ;), said that she liked week 4 better than 3.. so we will see on Friday!

I felt fine physically while running but mentally I was not there. I started my 5 minute walk in a different location which then threw me off for the rest of my run. I was not in the normal locations when it was time to run and that meant I had to go up and down the hills at the wrong time. It threw my pace off because I didn't end where I normally did for each segment. It really shows you that running is so very mental... lol it is mental to be running!

Who would have thought that a person like me, a person who has moved around the country 6 times in the past 9 years, would have a problem with change? I would have never thought that changing my routine would even matter. Interesting.. and strange.

Amanda will be here next week and it will be our first chance to run together. I am excited to see her but hope that I don't make a fool of myself while running! I am use to running alone where only I can see what a dork I am.. well, me and the passing cars that still like to honk at me as they go by.

1 comment:

  1. Even though you're not enjoying it as much this week it sounds like you're doing great running. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete