Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 5 Day 3 - 9/25/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 20 minutes or 2 miles. No walking.

Yikes! Even typing that out makes my shins hurt!
Since the 5k is about distance and not time, I decided to run 2 miles straight and worry about the time later. I changed routes to a flatter part of the neighborhood, downloaded new music, had gum to chew like everyone keeps saying to do, and was ready to go... then I fell down and skinned my knee walking Addison to the bus stop.

Addison's sees me on the ground and says "Hurry up Mom before my friends see you on the ground". Geez, it starts early, doesn't it?

Skinned knee aside, I ran and did pretty well. My total time for the 2 miles was 22.30 minutes. I walked 3 short times of 1 minute each so that makes my total running time 19.30. Not too shabby! I wish I had run the whole 2 miles straight but am happy with how I did today. Based on the times that puts it at an 11.15 minute mile. That seems a bit fast for a Penguin like me but I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment