Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 5 Day 2 - 9/24/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 8 minutes, walk for 5 minutes, run for 8 minutes.

Today was actually a pretty good run! My lungs were on fire with the cold that has moved into my chest but I was able to work through it. I really concentrated on my breathing which kept my mind off of running. Amanda wasn't there to help push me but the guys building 3 houses in a row were. I was afraid of falling/passing out/looking dumb in front of a bunch of people so I just kept running even when I wanted to quit.

I am not sure which is worse.. construction workers watching you run or the moms driving by and honking. Whatever. It keeps me running!

Tomorrow is the big dreaded 20 minutes straight of running. I keep reading on message boards where people are scared of it and then it is no big deal when they actually do it. I think they are crazy. 20 minutes straight of running? Lord help me is all I can say.

I want to give a big shout out to Angie since without her I really don't know if I would be able to do all of this. I owe you...big time. ;)

1 comment: