Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 6 Day 1 - 9/28/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run for 5 minutes, walk for 3 minutes, run for 8 minutes, walk for 3 minutes, run for 5 minutes.

Today was the first day that it was cold. The cold was a nice change but the wind was killer. I guess I should have paid attention when the weatherman said it would be gusty. My weather station said 20 mph winds and I felt every bit of it both in my hands and with the headwind. When I got home my fingers were frozen in place. I think it may be time to break out the gloves!

Even with the wind, and the runny nose, I was still able to complete the run. I honestly think that attempting to run 20 minutes straight last Friday did wonders for my running mental state. When I wanted to give up during the 8 minutes, I kept thinking about how I did almost 2 miles last time. If I could do that surely I could run 8 minutes! I use to think it was nuts to do 2 miles/20 minutes at the end of W5. Now I think it was brilliant.

The sun was just right today that I could see my shadow perfectly the whole time I was running.
Holy cow that was something I could have lived without seeing.
Public Service Announcement - If at all possible, avoid watching yourself while doing any form of exercise.

Trust me, it's not pretty.

1 comment: