Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 4 Day 3 - 9/16/09


Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes, run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minutes.

I just can not seem to get through week 4. I have no idea why it is so hard but I can not finish the last 5 minute run. I did 4 minutes the first time, about 3 minutes last time, and maybe 2 minutes today. Amanda and I are both struggling with this week so I think we will repeat it on Friday when we run together. I have to admit that this is the first time that I have started to doubt if I can actually do this. The schedule for week 5 scares me .. running for 20 minutes straight with no walking on day 3! I just don't know if I can do it.

Part of my excuse today, there always seems to be an excuse right?, is that I am pretty badly hurt. Yesterday morning I kicked a tennis ball out of the way and Jesse the dog (who has giant teeth) mistook my foot for the ball...I was barefoot.
The pain was instant and traveled all the way up my leg and even into my shoulder. I hit the ground and it was a while before I could get up again. It swelled up and bled through several band aids. I have two deep puncture wounds and it is badly bruised so it was murder putting on a tennis shoe and then running. I guess, looking on the bright side, it is pretty amazing that I was able to run as far as I did!

The photo makes it look better than it is..It is pretty gross in person. And please excuse my toes, its been a while since Addison gave me a pedicure.

Side note - Have you ever tried to take a photo of your own foot? It's almost impossible to get a good shot! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment