Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 4 Day 1 - 9/11/09

Brisk walk for 5 minutes. Run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes, run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minutes.

Mentally today was great but physically it was brutal. I was all excited to start week 4 and to see if I could run 5 minutes, not once but twice, and do it in a decent time. Physically I started off ok but during the first 5 minute run I got a charlie horse in my left calf. I was determined to run through it but it was determined to spread down into my ankle and toes. It got a bit better during the walking parts but then came back with a vengeance on the 3 minute run. If that wasn't bad enough, my right leg decided to join in on the fun and get a charlie horse too. I was only able to do 4 minutes of the last 5 minute jog before I had to stop.

I am leaving this afternoon to go to Amana, Iowa for a weekend Fly Ball tournament. It will be a lot of getting up and down, squatting down, and running short sprints so it will be interesting to see how my legs hold up. I will have to power through though because this is Jesse's (our dog that plays Fly Ball) chance to really do well and to get a lot of Fly Ball points!

Today is also 9/11. I have a heavy heart and wish I knew the right words to say. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone today.

3 comments:

  1. I am so scared to start week 4 tomorrow. Yesterday for me was not a good end for week 3... in fact week 3 as a whole sucked for me. Running 5 minutes is not something I'm looking forward to.

    You'll do great this weekend. Running may have helped the strength in your legs. Have a safe trip and good luck to Jesse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do fine Corey as I have faith in you! Have a great time this weekend!!!!!!

    Steve Slayton

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great you are running and doing such a great job. I despise, no I should say hate it. LOL Keep up the good work and good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete