Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday - 12/18/09

Cardio: 30-45 minute run. 60-80% MHR

I ran 5k today and got a new personal best time of 34:30 but I completely overdid it. The first mile and a half was not too bad. I was watching tv and purposely not paying attention to my watch when I then realized that I was doing pretty well and close to my best time. So, me being the Type A all about getting a new PR person that I am, I pushed it and ran too fast. The last half a mile was a pure struggle and I knew my heart rate was completely out of control. I could barely breathe, my face was so red that I looked like I had a bad sunburn, and even had to stop my cool down walk to catch my breath. I just couldn't help myself and wanted that new PR time.

But I have learned my lesson. I know there is no way I can run faster without continuing to work on endurance, heart rate training, and following the schedule I have. Who would have thought that it takes all that? I always thought you just ran however fast you wanted to.. now I see why they call it 'training' and a 'work out'.

Stats from the run:
5K
Miles run - 3.10
Duration - 34:30
Average HR - 86%
Max HR - 97%
Speed Average - 5.11 mph
Speed max - 5.81 mph
Pace average- 11:45
Pace max - 10:21

Walking
Miles walked - .90
Duration - 15:45

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes though just running and getting a new best time motivates you to keep going. Good job!

    ReplyDelete