Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday - 12/14/09

Cardio: 30-45 minute run. 60-80% MHR

Today I ran 5k but the focus was on keeping my heart rate between 60 and 80%. Let me tell you that is hard to do! In order to keep my heart rate in that range I had to run pretty slow. Running pretty slow is something I just do NOT want to do. I kept speeding up and then would have to make myself almost walk to bring my heart rate back down. I am still not sold on the whole 'to run faster you need to go slower' thing. I am giving it two weeks and then we will see. I just hate having slower 5k times than what I have had before. Though I do understand that the times will be slower because I am purposely going for slower.

For Christmas I got the Polar Link (thanks Dad!) that allows me to upload data from my watch to a personalized web site. It looks like a little hot plate and I just set my watch on top of it. Pretty cool! But the best part is that it gives me even more statistics and figures to work with. Just what I need.. lol

Stats from the run:
Miles run - 3.10
Duration - 39:00
Average HR - 88%
Speed Average - 4.6 mph
Speed max - 6.9 mph
Pace average- 13:02
Pace max - 8:41

You can really see how I speed up and slow down by looking at my pace of 13:02 and then 8:41 and also the difference in my average speed and max speed. If I am doing that on a treadmill I wonder what it will be like when I am back on the road.

My MHR was 88% and it should have not gone over 80%. Besides speed walking, I just don't know how to get it any lower when I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment