Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday - 12/15/09

Interval training: 10 minute warm up, 1 minute at 80%+ MHR, 3 minute recovery at 60% MHR, repeat reps for 20 minutes, 5 minute cool down.

You wouldn't think that running 1 minute as fast as you possible can would be that hard. Boy was it hard! Actually it was not that hard until the last few seconds when I could feel my heart in my ears. Amazing how 10 seconds can seem like 10 minutes.
Until today the fastest I have run on the treadmill was about 5 mph. I was at 7.5 mph and thought I was going to go flying off. But I did get a little taste of how the real runners run.It was thrilling but I dont see my self ever going that fast for a whole race.

It was too hard to do the detailed stats on my watch for each segment. I was just trying to keep an eye on the time and going that fast there was no way I could keep hitting the lap button.

Summary from the run:
Miles run - 2.35 (it was probably more like 2.5 but my foot pod died towards the end)
Duration - 40 minutes (this included the warm up, intervals, and cool down)
Max HR - 96%
Speed average - 3.6 mph
Speed max - 7.6 mph
Pace max - 8:06 minute mile

No comments:

Post a Comment