Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday - 12/17/09

Interval training. Walk 5-10 minutes, run 80-90% MHR for .25 miles, recover 60% MHR for .50 miles, 3 times total, cool down 5 minutes.

Interval training is pretty interesting. Just when you get bored doing one section it is time to do another one and then you can really push yourself. I was running the .25 miles at about 6.5 to 7.0 mph and and again thought I would fly off. It takes a lot of concentration to run fast on a treadmill.. at least it does for a klutz like me!

I did 4 reps instead of 3 this time. For some reason I thought I was supposed to do 4 and realized it half way through so I kept going. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me tomorrow when I have to run a 5k.

Stats from the run:
Miles total - 4.30
Duration - 1 hour and 7 minutes
Average HR - 71%
Max HR - 98%

I would like to thank Judge Judy once again for getting me through a work out. One thing I have learned - Get it in writing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment