Saturday, December 26, 2009

Friday - 12/25/09

Interval training. Walk 5-10 minutes, run 80-90% MHR for .25 miles, recover 60% MHR for .50 miles, 3 times total, cool down 5 minutes.

I watched football during this training session and it made me feel better about my running and conditioning. One of the defensive linemen (a big ole boy) intercepted the ball and ran it back for almost 100 yards. The poor boy was running his heart out and you could see it was really a struggle for him to make it all the way to the other end zone and to not slow down and be tackled. He was going as fast as he possibly could, which wasnt all that fast. After scoring a touch down he was so happy but needed supplemental oxygen.. for quite some time.

I identify with him about running your heart out but not going all that fast and just hoping, praying you make it to the end. I am soo happy as well when I get my touch down - 3.1 miles. But the difference between us is that I don't need supplemental oxygen, at least not anymore. 4 months ago I couldnt say that and would probably need a whole oxygen chamber if I had tried to run like that.

Still no heart rate monitor by choice.
Stats from the training:
Warm Up:
10 minutes and .60 miles
Interval training:
28:25 minutes and 2.30 miles
Cool Down:
5 minutes and .25 miles

Total time - 43:25
Total miles - 3.15

1 comment:

  1. Running on Christmas? Boo. I don't think I can even applaud that. It seems wrong.

    ReplyDelete