Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tuesday - 12/8/09

7.5 miles. Yikes!

I spent the morning of my birthday by doing Interval/Speed work on the jogging trails at Disney World.

Jill put me on a new work out schedule in order to improve my time and lung function. My goal is to run a 5K in a certain time and she said the interval speed work is the only way to get there. I had thought about upping my mileage but have decided that I want to get faster before I go farther. So for now I am not supposed to run 5Ks 3 times a week anymore. I will have one day of interval speed work, one day of a 5k, and then one day of long heart rate training. It has been a bit of an adjustment to not run 5ks 3 times a week, and I feel like I am slacking, but I trust Jill and her advice. After all she has run many marathons and I have not!

My total miles on the interval work was 2.0 miles.

After the morning run I met my Mom, Step Dad, Addison, and Grace at Disney World's Magic Kingdom. I wore my foot pod on my Keens since I knew we would be walking a lot and was curious as to how much. I never guessed it would be 5.5 miles!

Stats from the day:
Interval training - 2.0 miles
Walking at Disney - 5.5 miles
Time in the park - 9 hours and 43 minutes

Boy am I tired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment