Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tuesday - 1/19/10

Tempo run of 3.1 miles.

I am changing up my schedule a little bit and trying out a new training plan to add more miles to my long run. I have not actually had a 'long run' day before so we will see how it goes. I thought about training for a half marathon but I think it might be that I like the idea of it more so than actually running that far!

Today was a really good run for 2 reasons.

1. I have not actually run a whole 5k in about a week and a half so I was nervous about running the distance again. Interval work is great but you only run about half of the mileage.
2. I ran the whole 3.1 miles without walking any of it. Normally I run 1 mile then walk for .05 to .10 to catch my breath and then run the rest of the way. I know that now that .10 walking was all mental but I still kept doing it. My body didnt need the break but my mind kept telling me I did. This time I forced my self to keep going and to run the entire thing. I didn't start huffing and puffing until the very end! It is amazing how your mind can override what your body is telling you.

I had a decent time (for me)at 34:58. I would like for it to be a whole lot faster but that was not the point of this run. 'Slow and Steady' was my theme for the day.

Stats from the run:
Ran 3.1 miles in 34:58

3.7 miles total in 44:58 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment