Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday - 1/31/10

Long run: Tempo run of 4 miles.

Ran 4.9 miles for an 8k.

Today was the annual Omaha Chiller Challenge 8k that I had signed up for but it was 20 degrees with a real feel of 5 degrees and icy out. I am not sure if they canceled it or not but I sure wasn't running in that weather. I like to run in the cold but not when there is a chance of frostbite!

So I ran, at home, in the 1st annual LeGrand treadmill 8k.

I did really well, finishing 1st in my age group and 1st overall! That might be the only time I can ever say that! The cheering section was a bit pitiful since they got bored watching me after the first 1.5 miles and there was no goodie bag. I did have official numbers though.. Addison made them for me. Strange that I was number 17 but yet the only one entered into the race. LOL

I came in under an hour and the run was pretty good.
Total miles for the day - 5.55

No comments:

Post a Comment